One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week across youth ministry blogs. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
This last week on the ym360 Blog was given over to our Back-To-School Giveaway.
If you didn't catch it, we gave away a ton of sweet resources. To enter, people had to answer a few simple questions.
As always, we loved seeing the responses of all the great youth workers who participated. We had a blast reading through them, and think you'd appreciate them as well. Following is a link to each day's post with the question for that day (If you want to read the responses, click on the link then scroll down to the bottom of the page to the comment section.):
- Day 1 Question: What is the one piece of advice you would give to someone just getting started in youth ministry?
- Day 2 Question: What was your favorite "youth ministry moment" over the last year?
- Day 3 Question: What are you most looking forward to in this upcoming year of youth ministry?
A Resource For New Believers from ym360 Check It Out
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
- "FREE Fall Youth Leader Training Resources" by Nick Farr. We love giving away (and finding) Free Stuff. So we loved this collection of free training and leadership resources from the guys over at Youthmin.org. Check these out.
The Rest Of The Best:
- Benjer McVeigh, “Three Signs You Aren't Preaching the Word in Youth Ministry”
- Chris Wesley, “Plan The Best Orientation For New Leaders”
- Jason Chenoweth, “How to Change Without Blowing Up Your Youth Ministry”
- Jeremy Mavis, “Hyper Connected: The Generation that Doesn’t Power Down”
- Jeremy Zach, “Student Ministry Mentoring Lessons From Paul to Obi-Wan”
- Jesse Pals, “RPPL: Leaving with Grace”
- Josh Griffin, “We Teach on These Things Every Year in Our Youth Ministry”
- Kara Powell, “Leadership is a Contact Sport”
- Tim Schmoyer, “What Is The Role Of The Family In The Local Church?”
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.