One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Overcoming Frustration In Youth Ministry
- Youth Worker BOOST: Genuine
- FREE Bible Study Lesson: "FOCUS: A 6-Lesson Study From Colossians"
- Keeping Your Adult Volunteers Forever (Or At Least A Long Time)
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Doug Franklin--Don't miss this post from Doug. It's a great sample schedule for training your small group leaders (or coaching, as Doug refers to it.)
- Darren Sutton--Gosh . . . Darren got me again with this post, "Why Youth Pastors Shouldn't Rule The World, Reason #273." I laughed out loud because I am really terrible at this, too. Good stuff.
- Fuller Youth Institue--Dr. Kara Powell writes a great post on a very important need a few teenagers articulated to her. A good read.
- GenToGenYM--Steven and Matt write a really good post entitled "How Do You Minister To Parents In Your Ministry?"
- Inside Girl's Ministry--This is a cool video post from Courtney Veasey about how students' poor choices can emotionally and spiritually impact us as leaders. Courtney is talking about an experience with a group of girls, but it applies to all students.
- Jeremy Zach--Another great post by Jeremy, this one entitled "5 Common and Chronic Youth Ministry Headaches."
- Robbie Mackenzie--Robbie interviewed me as part of his awesome "Youth Ministry 6.3" series of blog posts. We talked about the ins and outs of youth ministry blogging. Robbie has some really awesome content on his blog. You could spend a lot of time here and come away better for it. Check it out if you haven't already.
- Sam Burke--Interesting post by Sam entitled "How Teenagers Process the Gospel." I can say I have seen each of these responses over the years, for sure.
- Youth Ministry Geek--So, the blogosphere is all over this app. RJ Grunewald, a youth pastor, has developed one of the coolest apps in the history of the world. (A slight overstatement, but not much.) Read Chris Davis' review of "Clips" here, and be prepared for your jaw to drop. I can't imagine every smart phone owning youth worker in America not wanting this.
- Walt Mueller (And MarkO)--I'm lumping Walt and MarkO together here because of their thoughts on a "documentary" that has released about youth ministry. DISCLOSURE: I have not watched this film. And, based on Walt's and MarkO's reviews, I probably won't. Like so many of us, I have been involved in this conversation countless times over the years. It makes me tired and frustrated. Take a moment and read Walt's response and MarkO's. I have had the privilege of having met both Walt and MarkO on several occasions, and I value both of their opinions. I'm curious to see what you think.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.