flashback friday (april 22): this week's links from the youth ministry blogosphere
One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry. Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- The Most Significant Roadblock To Your Ministry
- Youth Worker BOOST: The Big Crowd
- Dealing With Sexual Abuse In The Life of a Teenager
- ym360 Trends and Culture Update (April 18)
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Why Is Marko?--Mark Oestreicher gives some really good insight into the big transition occurring at YS. Marko alludes to some of the major transitions that have occurred at YS over the last few years. The "passing of the torch" from Tic to Mark Matlock seems to be a great deal all the way around. We're supportive of what they are doing, and excited for what Mark brings to YS, and to what Tic will bring to a local church.
- Youth Work Talk--A great post by our friend Phil about how to schedule with "what matters most" in mind.
- Terrace Crawford--Terrace hits a home run with this one. I love this post, entitled, "5 Ways To Avoid Becoming Irrelevant to Teens."
- Youth Ministry Ideas--This is an awesome group texting service featured here on the youth ministry ideas blog. If you're looking for a texting option to send mass texts, this looks like a winner.
- The Overflow--Brian Berry gives some GREAT advice here on how to manage your Inbox. This is a short post with some great tips.
- Youth Ministry.com--I loved these posts on responding to criticism by Doug and Matt. This is part 1, but there are two more in the series.
- Small Church Youth Ministry--This is a super short post on a painful lesson learned: what happens when you have boring small group lessons.
- Junior High Youth Ministry--A great reminder from Scott about not underestimating our students.
- More Than Dodgeball--Great post from Josh on "Four ways to fight fatigue in youth ministry." Good stuff.
- Practical Youth Ministry--This is a great post on how to create awesome set design using props, with little or no experience (or talent).
- Think Next Now--Mark Cox is a contributor to ym360. This is an AWESOME way to do announcements! I love that Mark shared this. Great stuff.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.
- As usual, we want to hear your thoughts. Any particular post catch your eyes? Make you think? Did you disagree with anything? Let us know! Your voice makes the ym360 community stronger.