Connected: Building a Foundation of Prayer
Communication is vital in any relationship, and our relationship with God is no different. There is a powerful tool every believer has, and yet many of us never use it to its full potential. If we want to stay connected to God, then we need to pray. This series is designed to answer four major questions about prayer to best keep us connected with Christ.
Connected: Building a Foundation of Prayer is designed to help students understand how important prayer is in the life of a believer. Prayer is not just tossing up some words with our eyes closed, but rather a gift allowing us to stand in the presence of a loving God.
"Connected" covers the following purposes and passages:
- SESSION 1 – "What Is Prayer?": We have all experienced prayer before, but in session one, we will lay out a scriptural definition of prayer, which will serve as the basis for the rest of our study. (Romans 8:26-27, Matthew 27:51)
- SESSION 2 – "How Do We Pray?": Jesus lays out a model prayer for us in Matthew. We’ll use this model to help us see four requirements of our prayers. (Matthew 6:5-13)
- SESSION 3 – "When Do We Pray?": Is it meals, before bed, or during church? We are going to use this lesson to look at the peace which comes through a life of constant prayer. (Philippians 4:4-7)
- SESSION 4 – "Why Do We Pray?": Power tools can accomplish anything when they are connected to their power source. God has great plans for each of our lives, and prayer is how we stay connected to the real cause of strength. (Ephesians 3:14-21)
"Connected" is part of YM360’s Sermon Series line of resources and is ideal for:
- Any large group setting
- Mid-week youth service
- “Master teacher” format
Every Sermon Series from YM360 comes with:
- Sermon manuscripts — Every Sermon Series comes with sermon manuscripts. Teach them "as is" or adapt them to suit your specific context.
- Small group discussion questions — These are designed for follow-up small group interaction after your sermon.
- Promotional art (including Instagram images) — Perfect for websites and Instagram, or print them off for posters or bulletin inserts.
- Title and background slides — These are designed to be dropped into your favorite presentation software to help you build a creative environment around your sermon. Use them as a backdrop for song lyrics, Scripture passages, and any illustrations you choose to display.
- Logo treatment (with native files included) — We include a logo file and the native design files to allow you to use the logo in ways you see fit.
- 100% downloadable
Resources Previews, Samples, and more
Each Sermon Series features biblically solid, highly interactive lessons centered in God's Word. Lessons are provided in Word format so you can edit to fit your group.
Each Sermon Series comes with four background images sized to fit ProPresenter, PowerPoint, or any other presentation software you use. Use the backgrounds to create customized slideshows to accompany your lessons.
Every Sermon Series comes with artwork to help you promote your series on the web or around your church.
Every Sermon Series comes with the native artwork so you can create your own images as you wish. AI and PNG formats available.