Job DetailsChurch: Hudsonville Reformed Church
Church Size: 400
Job title: Director of Student Ministries
Job Location: Hudsonville, Michigan
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY:
This is a great opportunity for someone that is passionate and poised to make an eternal impact in the lives of middle school and high school students. The person that fills this role will have all the support and foundation to see growth and immediate results. There is already a great, stable, and healthy staff and volunteer team established and primed for the right leader to come in and lead the ministry.
The Director of Student Ministries will be leading all aspects of the ministry including: weekly programming, events, trainings, retreats and other trips, and fundraisers for the ministry. This person will be the primary teacher, discipler, and trainer, and will be responsible for growing and developing the volunteer team to ensure effective ministry to students and their families.
- Lead middle school and high school programs
- Develop a passion for prayer and worship with students
- Identifying and training volunteer leaders to invest relationally in the lives of students.
- Investing in the lives of adult volunteers--- building relationships with them in the most effective ways possible.
- Partner with parents in discipling their students
- Develop and implement a long-term youth discipleship plan, which includes mission and outreach opportunities
- Seek out, mentor and encourage students within and outside of the church
- Seek to connect with all age students through ministry team activities (VBS, Sunday School and mid-week programming,etc.)
- Build relationships with other churches and community organizations
- Report to and work closely with Pastor of Congregational Life
- 2 years experience leading students in a ministry or educational setting
- Proven ability to communicate the Word of God to a middle and high school audience, lead a volunteer team, disciple others, and organize programs and events
- Demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ - displays a life of faith in Jesus, professional maturity, high character, and exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit
- Commitment to the biblical theology of HRC
- Would need to become an active member of HRC
BENEFITS AND PAY
Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience and education. Benefits include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- $80 monthly cell phone stipend
- Retirement contribution of 5% of salary
- $750 allowance to be coached through Lead222
- Life & Disability coverage up to $500 a year
- Full family medical coverage
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Hudsonville, Michigan is a fantastic community that has both a suburb as well as rural feel with a population of approximately 8,000 people; it is situated within the fast-growing Georgetown Township which now exceeds nearly 55,000 people. Hudsonville is seeing rapid growth and construction throughout the community, offering more amenities to its residents regularly. It is located 15 minutes from downtown Grand Rapids and is only 30 minutes to the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan (where the sunsets over the lake are breathtaking!). In West Michigan, you’ll experience the best of all four seasons without any extremes. If you like the outdoors, you’ll love the location as there are multiple area trails, lakes, and parks. The schools in Hudsonville are highly rated with a mixture of public and private school options. Hudsonville is a wonderful small town to call home, raise a family, and reach the lost for Christ.
Job Status: Full-Time
Salary Range: $55K - $70K based on experience