One of the biggest challenges for those of us who play a role in shaping the faith-lives of teenagers is helping them develop a regular habit of meeting God in His Word. Culture and our students’ lifestyles work against finding focused time to spend engaging with Scripture. But one of the main challenges is our teenagers’ understanding of the Bible itself. Many of our teenagers don’t understand the way the Bible works. And this keeps them from being able to engage with it as well as they could.
What do I mean by that? Simple. Many of our teenagers don’t grasp the big-picture story of the Bible. They don’t understand the framework of its narrative. And they have never been taught the concept of tracing the Gospel through the Bible.
Many students are never taught by us, or by their parents, that the Bible is a story, and that each book has a place in the story. And they definitely don’t know that we can see echoes of the Gospel throughout the Bible. They encounter Scripture as a few verses here, an unattached story there. There is already a significant barrier of culture and history that we have to work through when engaging with the Bible. Not understanding the big-picture story is yet another roadblock to your students’ love of Scripture.
So what can we do about it? We asked ourselves the same question. And we came up with an answer.
If you would love for your students to grasp the big-picture story of the Bible, and to be able to trace the heart of the Gospel through this story, we would love for you to check out The Thread. The Thread is our newest 52-week Bible study curriculum, and, if we say so ourselves, it’s pretty cool. The Thread teaches your students the big-picture story of the Bible in 52 weeks. Every lesson looks at a narrative passage from the Bible, then focuses on where we see the Gospel weaving in and through the story. It’s a powerful way for your teenagers to know God’s story and see their lives changed as a result.
The Thread comes packed with these awesome features:
- Access for unlimited teachers within your church #budgetsaver
- Lesson plans with Bible Backgrounds, plus teacher prep videos for easy prep
- 5 digital devotions for weekly posting on social media, your blog, or church website
- Weekly Parent Pages for helping parents stay connected and be equipped to do at-home dicipleship
- Weekly Social Media Suggestions for helping you stay connected with your students during the week
- PowerPoint background images and Promo Artwork (web banners and a printable poster)
- PLUS, there is an awesome companion 52-week devotional journal that takes students on an even deeper walk through the Bible! Sample it by CLICKING HERE.
This may be our favorite curriculum we’ve ever produced, and that’s saying a lot. It’s such a cool way to teach your students a vital way of looking at the Bible.
If you would like more info on The Thread, or would like to sample any of the components, please CLICK HERE.
Also, our team is available to answer any and all questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to call us (888.969.6360), email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), or you can always LiveChat us by clicking the link at the WAY top of this page.