Arise: A 46-Day Devotional for Easter & Lent
Easter is "adorable." It’s pretty and sweet and fresh and nice. If you think about this description of Easter, isn't it a little weird?
Of course, Easter Sunday should be one of the most joyous celebrations ever. Christians do a great job of rejoicing in the resurrection. But we often skip over the truth of HOW we got to Easter Sunday. We show up to church in a lace bonnet, put some lilies on the altar, and then go home to eat some ham. (No one here is complaining about the ham.)
What if we could wake up? What if we could arise from our sleep? What if we could understand the full story, the HOW and the WHY of Jesus’ journey from the manger to the cross?
Instead of pastel-colored eggs, we’d see a crown of thorns.
Instead of just frilly Easter baskets, we’d see a heavy cross.
Instead of being asleep, we’re going to ask God to wake us up.
Arise: A 46-Day Devotional for Easter & Lent is about students’ hearts and minds coming alive to the story of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection.
Each day features two components:
- DAILY SCRIPTURE / DEVOTIONAL: This is the main part of every day. Your students will want to make sure they have their Bibles or Bible apps handy.
- WAKE UP: A section of application questions and challenges where students place what they've read into action.
- 46 daily devotions for the days leading up to Easter
- Questions for each day that encourage practical application
ARISE is ideal for:
- Easter and Lent
- Helping teens grow deeper in their faith through the study of God's Word