To say that youth ministry can be challenging is an understatement.
Few callings have as many variables. Discipling teenagers is tough enough. But what about the dynamics with the staff and leadership of your church? What about the challenges of engaging with your students’ parents? And let’s not get started on the way that ministry impacts your family. Youth ministry is not for the faint of heart—especially if you’re just getting started. This is why Consider This is such an important book.
In Consider This: A Youth Minister’s Guide To Longevity, Chris Trent, a youth ministry veteran, passes along decades of hard-earned advice and wisdom. Chris is a firm believer in the value of ministry mentors. And in Consider This, he mentors you, the reader.
Consider This is packed with practical, insightful wisdom on how to excel at being a youth minister, such as:
- Establishing and maintaining boundaries
- Communicating well with students
- Practicing professionalism
- Establishing a great relationship with your pastor
- Getting and staying organized
- Recruiting leaders and volunteers
- Involving your spouse and kids in ministry