Christmas Fill-In-The-Blank Game
- You'll need to make sure you have a marker that works
- Download the "Fill In The Blank Guide" PDF linked below the activity
- This activity is best done using a flip-chart, or the self-stick Wall Pads from Post-It. You can use a dry-erase board, but it could get a little time consuming erasing and re-writing each new set of fill-in-the-blanks.
- Using the "Fill In The Blank Guide," write the category (movie, character, song, or decoration), and draw out the correct number of blanks. Be careful here!
- Arrange to display each of the Fill-in-the-Blanks where your students can see them.
Divide your students into two teams. Explain that you will be trying to guess which movie title, movie character, song, or decoration is represented by the various "fill-in-the-blanks."
Explain that each team will take turns guessing a letter of the alphabet. If the letter does indeed appear in one or ore of the blanks, write the letter in its appropriate spot(s). If the team guesses a letter that appears, they are allowed a chance to solve the fill-in-the-blank. If the letter they choose does not appear, it's the other team's turn.
Continue in this way until a team guesses the fill-in-the-blank. Alternate teams for each puzzle until you've run out of time or solved all the fill-in-the-blanks. Award a winning team at the end, and consider giving the team a prize.