Job DetailsBettendorf Christian Church https://www.bettendorfcc.com (BCC) is a non-denominational Christian Church that is located in the City of Bettendorf, which is a part of the Quad Cities Area. We are a church that worships weekly around 500-600 people and have a thriving student ministry of 70-80 middle and high school students in our youth ministry. The current Student Pastor of almost 8 years is transitioning to a new position within the church as BCC's Mission and Care Pastor. We are searching for a candidate who feels called by God to be a part of a church with a heart to impact every generation beyond their lifetime by investing in the next generation! Our Lead Pastor is passionate about reaching younger people and setting up our church to continue to be effective for generations to come!
The Quad Cities is comprised of 4 cities between two states that are separated by the Mississippi River. The total population of the Quad Cities metro is over 400,000 and is headquarters to large corporations like John Deere, U.S. Army Rock Island Arsenal, and Alcoa. Learn more about the QCA herehttps://www.quadcities.com/about/
The QCA is also on Barna's list as #15 in the USA as the most post-Christian areas in the nation and #19 as most unchurched. So if you have a heart to influence and impact the next generation and reach and disciple students so we can see the Quad Cities reached for Jesus, then we would love to learn more about you!
Job Title: Student Pastor
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Job Status: Full-Time Exempt
Definition & Summary Of Position:
The primary focus of the Student Pastor is to lead and implement the overall vision and strategy of BCC to students.
- Primary teacher of the student’s weekly large gathering
- Direct the student’s weekly large gathering ensuring consistency with the adult large gathering
- Establish preaching team, guest speakers, and annual sermon series map for students
- Develop initiatives, trips, events and activities that present opportunities to students to grow in their personal relationship with Jesus and in Christ-centered relationships
- Ensure relational discipleship opportunities are regularly available to students that are consistent with the overall church strategy developed by the Discipleship Pastor
- Establish and maintain a leadership development process for student and adult leaders
- Ensure healthy communication and partnership with parents in the spiritual growth of their student
- Establish relationships within the area schools and student-centric organizations to create serving opportunities and relational connections with unreached students
- Work with Missions Pastor to ensure a focus on local serving opportunities and possible serving trips
- $40,000-45,000k plus benefits
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume with a cover letter and picture of you (and your family if applicable) to: email@example.com
Video of 2-3 teaching samples
We look forward to hearing from you!