Position: Minister for Youth and Serving Ministries
Reports to: Associate Pastor
Liaison with: Lead Pastor, Program Staff, and Church Administrator
Full-Time Position: 35-40 Hours per week
To provide leadership and direction for the Kingswood youth ministries and Christian faith formation for youth and their families. To supervise and coordinate an all-youth (6th-12th grade) ministry strategy, including the two-year confirmation plan. To coordinate and resource all serving ministries (i.e. Missions Team, Food Pantry, Thrift Shop, Social Justice/Diversity Team, PADS Homeless Shelter, Meal on Wheels, Feed MyStarving Children, Care Packages, and Medical Lending Closet).
- Coordinate and facilitate all ministries with youth including education, Sunday School, youth Bible study, regular youth group meetings, worship/spiritual formation, and youth mission/serving opportunities.
- Design, implement, coordinate, teach and lead a two-year confirmation program for 7th and 8th-grade youth, including the worship service design for Confirmation Sunday.
- Plan, coordinate, and attend youth mission events and trips, including the yearly summer mission trip.
- Coordinate and facilitate ministries with parents and families of youth.
- Assist Minister for Children with coordinating Club 45 (the 4th and 5th-grade ministry) as a conduit for youth program growth.
- Attend youth extracurricular activities.
- Staff Liaison to community organizations and programs for youth and their families.
- Support all serving ministries events in connection with the Kingswood Mission Team.
- Advise and Resource the Kingswood Food Pantry and Thrift Shop.
- Provide additional leadership and vision for all serving ministries at Kingswood.
- Resource, assist, coordinate, and attend all adult mission trips.
- Bachelor degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of electronic media and experience with social media.
- Strong organizational and administration skills.
- Passion for recruiting and teaching volunteers.
- Dynamic ability for working with youth and their families.
- Aptitude for building relationships, creating vision, and connecting with diverse communities.
- Affinity for serving others.
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work independently as well as with teams and staff.
- Experience in conflict resolution and management.
- Aptitude to work with web design software and to learn new programs.
- Knowledge and ability to work with ProPresenter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Knowledge of subsplash software (church app), Planning Center, and editing programs like Audacity.
- Master of Divinity degree from accredited/approved seminary.
- Teaching background or degree a plus.
Job Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Background check.
To apply to this position please contact Pastor Clayton Edwards at email@example.com