- The mission of First Baptist Church Vancleave is to make disciples of Christ who make disciples. Every team member is essential to fulfilling this mission.
To support the ministries of FBC Vancleave by moving students, grades 7th – 12th toward spiritual maturity, multiplication, and service.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in related fields
- Training in disciple making is highly preferred
- Experience in mid-size church environments is preferred
- Experience in successfully building and leading teams
- Must be a passionate follower of Jesus Christ and have doctrinal beliefs that are consistent with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Understanding of and willingness to minister within the church’s statement of beliefs
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9)
- Commitment to serve within the church’s current denominational and interdenominational partnerships
- A calling to pastoral ministry
- Must be a passionate and consistent disciple maker
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / FUNCTIONS
- Lead in the growth and multiplication of Connect Groups in the student ministry
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteers to serve in the student ministry
- Oversee ministry budget, website, and calendar related to student ministry
- Develop, implement and oversee student mission/outreach experiences
- Develop and oversee a pathway of effective programming for students as it relates to the church's discipleship pathway (Explore, Connect, Invest and Multiply)
- Provide oversight of all guest and member follow up related to student ministry
- Oversee the making of disciples for students and training parents to be the lead faith trainers in their homes
- Dream big and constantly seek God for effective methods to reach and grow students
- Oversee the development and execution of all goals for the student ministry
- Perform related duties as directed or assigned
- Denomination: Southern Baptist
- Weekly Attendance: 375
- Location: Vancleave, MS (MS Gulf Coast)
- This role will be full-time with competitive salary and benefits, including paid vacation, paid sick leave, health insurance, life insurance, and retirement.
- Qualified applicants can send their resume with relevant experience, education, and references to: Terry Shows, Pastor of Operations and Spiritual Development - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Status: Full-Time