The Lead Student Pastor will give vision & direction to our entire Student Ministry Team of a large multiethnic student ministry (300+ students & 4 Full-Time Staff). This candidate will have both the heart and gifting to develop leaders who develop leaders. This role may also give vision and connection to a new iteration of college ministry depending on candidates gifting and experience. This is an amazing opportunity to contribute to the next chapter of a growing multiethnic church as we seek to make disciples making disciples of the next generation.
Wheaton Bible Church (WBC) is a dynamic, thriving multiethnic church community seeking to live out our mission to Love God, Love One Another, Love our Neighbors, and Love the Nations in the Chicago suburbs and globally with our 90+ sent missionaries and indigenous partners. We currently hold worship services in both English and Spanish while providing space, care, and leadership coaching for 5 additional ethnic language fellowship groups. Additionally, we serve our local community through West Chicago’s largest social service provider Puente de Pueblo by providing case management services for families, adult literacy programming, and after-school programming for children and youth.
The Lead Student Pastor’s role is that of a Player/Coach. He is responsible for establishing the culture of the Student Ministry within the Student Ministry Staff Team. He will develop and lead this Team through discipleship, ministry mentorship, leadership and/or professional development, and assessments. He will provide clarity and direction for overarching ministry alignment. He will lead collaboratively promoting unity both as a team and within the church. He will represent his team within the Ministry Leadership Team.
- Fully devoted follower of Christ.
- Degree in Bible/Theology/Student Ministry or equivalency, an MDiv is a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience in Full-Time Student Ministry in a large church.
- Completion of an approved Ordination Certificate (or a willingness to go through the process).
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Strong theological alignment with Wheaton Bible Church - and must become an active member and participant in the life of WBC.
- Disciple-Maker—knows how to disciple and actively reproduce disciple makers.
- Shepherd's Heart—a minister first, people are the priority, not programs.
- Multi-Ethnic Lens—love for and Biblical understanding of multi-ethnicity with the ability to navigate and contextualize within a growing multi-ethnic context.
- Multi-Generationally Focused—pursuant of multi-generational Engagement as a church even in age-specific roles.
- Leader Developer—mentor, trainer, coach vs expert, team vs individual.
- Collaborator—overarching church unity and alignment vs ministry success.
- Innovator—ability to assess and understand how to best minister within our culture and context while taking faith-filled risks.
Job Status: Full-Time
Salary Range: $60,000 - $75,000