First Baptist Church of Lodi is searching for an energetic person with a love for Christ, a love for middle school students, and a desire to use the medium of sports to reach our community with the gospel. This person must be someone who has demonstrated strong relational skills, creativity, vision, ability to manage large projects and to work cooperatively with the staff and volunteers of a growing and active church as well as others throughout the community. We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of great ministry team and a growing church with a great history of support and investment in youth and sports ministries.
PASTOR OF MIDDLE SCHOOL MINISTRY
We are looking for someone to love and lead the 7th-8th grade students in our church and community, and to partner with their families. It will be important to have a presence on the middle school campuses, especially Millswood Middle School, which is right next door to the church campus. First Baptist has a strong history of youth ministry and desires to build on a creative program that balances outreach, discipleship, service and mission.
SPORTS OUTREACH PASTOR
First Baptist is the lead church for an Upward Sports Basketball and Cheer league that draws approximately 1000 K-8th students each season and is an incredible opportunity to reach out to families who need to connect to a church or who do not know Jesus yet at all. Being a pastor for Upward Sports requires strong administrative abilities and a capacity to oversee a large, complex operation that includes players, coaches, volunteers, parents, sponsors, community members, etc.
We are also looking for someone with the vision and leadership to expand the sports ministry to people of all ages and interests.
Demonstrate a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a call to youth ministry and outreach and a love for Middle School students. A passion and proven track record of ministering to youth and families both inside and outside of the church.
- Community minded. Eager to mobilize the church to reach out and minister to the diverse needs of our community.
- Leadership gifts and abilities, with concrete examples of leading growing and fruitful ministries.
- Ability to recruit, lead and inspire a large number of volunteers. Strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to teach Biblical and spiritual truths in creative and meaningful manner.
- Self starter with strong personal initiative. Ability to balance a variety of tasks and relationships.
- Wants to serve as a part of healthy and active church staff with a willingness to be teachable and eager to grow personally and professionally.
- Three or more years experience leading a growing youth ministry. Experience with current technology, social media, etc. Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Pastor middle school students, parents, and volunteers. Develop fruitful relationships with students and adults.
- Serve as director, or co-director, for Upward Basketball and Cheer (1100 participants, three sites, 200+ adult volunteers, strong volunteer leadership team).
- Provide middle school programming including weekly services, camps, special events, service opportunities, etc. Program should also include creative after school outreach to Millswood Middle School which shares a parking lot with the church campus.
- Teach students God’s word and share the gospel.
- Partner with parents in raising their kids.
- Provide counseling and emotional support when needed.
- Oversee, train, and partner with volunteer staff to lead Middle School programs including Wednesday nights, Sunday mornings, special events, and camps, etc.
- Look for new and creative ways to use sports as an outreach into the lives of people all ages and interests.
- $50,000-$55,000 + plus full benefits
- Lodi is located in the beautiful, family friendly and more affordable California Central Valley and wine country.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume, teaching video and any additional information to Pastor Glen Barnes, email@example.com and Pastor Steve Steele, firstname.lastname@example.org