- Possess a bachelor’s degree in ministry or a bachelor’s degree plus a Seminary degree.
- Meet the Biblical qualifications of a Pastor or Elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Have prior experience in Ministry to children, students, or families.
The Next Generation Pastor is to:
- Have a deep love for Jesus, a passion for introducing students to a relationship with Christ, discipling them to grow in their love and knowledge of Him.
- Develop an energetic, relevant, and growing ministry for students.
- This primarily entails leading a weekly student worship service as well as maintaining and promoting a reasonably active student ministry calendar.
- The student ministry calendar is centered around weekly worship services and small group opportunities. However, it is also expected that the Next Generation Pastor will provide special opportunities for discipleship and fellowship experiences such as summer/winter trips and a Disciple Now weekend. These larger events should take place roughly 3-4 times per year. Smaller events promoting fun and edifying activities should be scheduled roughly once a month during months in which a larger event is not already taking place.
- The Next Generation Pastor should also work to build rapport with our students’ families.
- It is also expected that the Next Generation Pastor will maintain some sort of supportive presence of on our local middle and high school campuses.
- Serve grade levels 6-12 and college age students.
- Provide leadership to staff and volunteers in all ministries affecting students of this age range.
- Coordinate with children’s ministries to provide continuity with Next Generation ministry.
- Support the Senior Pastor in his ministry responsibilities, including outreach, missions, and evangelism.
- Develop and preach sermons for worship services on occasion if Senior pastor is unavailable.
The Next Generation Pastor must:
- Have a good reputation within churches and community where he has served.
- Be full of the Holy Spirit, committed to developing a personal walk with God, while modeling and leading others in theirs.
- Demonstrate wisdom, discernment, humility, and good judgement.
- Be hospitable, exhibiting self-control, and gentle in spirit.
- Have excellent relational intelligence and be an inspirational leader.
- Possess a strong preaching and teaching background.
- Be trained in administration, leadership, and teaching, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Lead teams: recruit, train, develop, and mobilize volunteer staff.
- Collaborate with church staff and volunteers to bring value to the organization, with a strong commitment to assist other ministries of the church to fulfill their mission and vision.
- Have good interpersonal skills to work with a wide range of ages and groups.
- Understand student ministry models and philosophy and implement effective strategies.
- Be coachable, desiring to grow in faith and personal abilities or skills.
- Have ability to lead large projects.
- Possess excellent computer skills with the ability to use technology resources for ministry.
- If married, love his wife as Christ loves the church.
- If a parent, lead his children to a loving relationship with God.
- Pursue professional, personal, and spiritual development.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about this ministry.
- Carry a posture of strength but also be approachable.
- Demonstrate an elevated level of integrity, guided by Biblical ethical principles.
- Have a doctrinal position that is consistent with First Baptist Church of Rincon.
In February, our students participated in a DNOW weekend. Please see this recap video for a glimpse into our student ministry.
If you are interested in applying, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org