Castine Church of Arcanum, Ohio is looking for a NextGen Pastor to join their team. This person will provide a comprehensive, forward-thinking vision to each age and stage of our entire next-gen ministry (birth through 12th grade) so that all of our kids will have a safe space to explore their relationship with Jesus Christ, continue to grow at each stage, and become lifelong replicating disciples of Jesus. The NextGen Pastor is responsible for both the children and youth ministries to ensure a safe, effective, and operationally cohesive program. The programs should not only consider students who are in the ministry from birth through graduation but also students who move into the ministry at later stages.
- Overseeing all aspects of the Children’s Ministry (birth-6th grade) and Youth Ministry (7th-12th grade)
- Casting vision for both Children and Youth Ministries and develop a plan that leads our children through the ministry to become lifelong replicative disciples
- Managing and coordinating all volunteers needed to operate successful Sunday morning and Wednesday evening children and youth programming
- Working with the other staff members to help equip parents for discipleship in their homes
- A vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A deep passion for the discipleship of children, teens, and their parents
- A strong commitment to the philosophy that the church partners with parents (as the primary disciplers) to effectively reach families with the Gospel
- The ability to cast a strong vision for the Children and Youth Ministries and the ability to communicate and inspire others to follow that vision
- A passion to reach a more rural community with the Gospel
Castine, Ohio is a quaint, conservative community that sits closely between many rural towns in Darke County including the county seat, Greenville. Darke County is covered with farmland and open spaces, lots of breathing room, and friendly, small-town charm. Larger cities within an hour include Dayton, Richmond, and Troy. Within 2 hours, you can reach Cincinnati, Columbus, and Indianapolis. The area is generally identified as a good place for generations to take root for the long haul.