Job DetailsAbout Timberwood Church
Outreach: Being a place where people who don’t know Jesus, can come to personally know Him. This happens locally, as well as globally.
Spiritual Formation: As we continue to grow and be in forward motion, may we have the desire to be transformed by Christ and to learn more about Him and His love for us through His Word, as well as through Wednesday Night Programs and Elective Classes at Timberwood.
Leadership: As we continue to grow and move forward in our spiritual life, we can then be in a position to lead in our sphere of influence from a posture of service that Jesus Christ modeled for us.
- Baccalaureate degree or graduate theological degree, or comparable.
- Experience working with student and young adult ministries or comparable.
- Understanding of Christian education within the local church.
- Ability to evangelize, disciple and effectively teach students and young adults.
- Ability to develop and creatively lead programs and ministries.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and equip teachers and volunteers.
- Endorse and support the Church Covenant and Statement of Faith as stated in the Timberwood Church Constitution.
- Evidence of a commitment to the Timberwood Church Purpose Statement and the key values of Outreach, Spiritual Formation and Leadership.
- Support the traditional evangelical theology for which Timberwood Church stands.
- Remain a member in good standing of Timberwood Church.
RESPONSIBILITIES:The Next Gen Pastor/Director is focused on ministry to 16-29 year olds. This job is segmented into two large areas of responsibility: Senior High age students and young adults.
- Lead in the design, implementation, and execution of teen/young adult programing to include such programs as: one to one discipleship, a small group and course-based education, looking specifically at community, assimilation, and volunteer development.
- Be an active discipler.
- Provide leadership to ministry programs and leaders.
- Participate personally in evangelism ministry through lifestyle evangelism, one to one, and small group contacts.
- Develop and implement resources and programs that train and equip other believers in community, small groups, and assimilation, which motivate them for ministry.
- Develop and maintain controls on all assigned programs and activities.
- Encourage evangelism as a way-of-life in Timberwood Church through modeling, training, and integrating evangelism into the various programs of the church.
- Maintain personal contact with individuals, couples, families and programs.
- Perform administrative tasks assigned by the Senior Pastor, including working with ministry teams, task forces, church staff and the external community.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Collaborates, coordinates and supports Family Ministry Director and ministry teams related to students and family ministry.
- Supervise volunteer staff related to young adults
- Coordinates with other members of the church staff.