Want to be on a team that seeks to reach and teach the next generation for Christ? Cool Spring Baptist Church is seeking a Middle School Minister for grades 6th -8th.
Cool Spring Baptist Church mission is to reach and develop all people into fully committed followers of Christ. We do this by living connected. We are connected to each other, our community, and most of all to Christ. Cool Spring is committed to the spiritual formation of students and their families as they strive to carry out the mission as they engage and equip students and parents to live out their faith. In collaboration with our Next Generation team, this person will lead and serve with an active volunteer leadership team in order to reach and teach the next generation through the development and offering of biblical studies, service and mission opportunities, and promotion of the gospel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide vision and direction to all aspects of Cool Spring’s Middle School Ministry, including programming, relationships, student leadership development and physical space.
• Establish and maintain healthy, supportive relationships with middle school students and parents that may involve outreach beyond church-sponsored events and activities.
• Oversee and lead in weekly planning and programming for Middle School Ministry on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
• Identify, recruit, and equip. Provide feedback and oversight to middle school small groups and special needs leaders on a regular basis.
• Develop and implement a strategy for reaching and connecting new students and families.
• Collaborate and coordinate on a regular basis with various church ministries, including, but not limited to, high school and special needs ministries, in the planning of large-scale events (retreats, conferences, and mission trips) and ensure that student and related family needs are met.
• Integrate student ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational; strive to unite and complement other church ministries.
• Prepare and submit an annual Middle School Ministry Budget to the Finance Team. Supervise the budget expenditures during the fiscal year, in consultation with other Ministry Teams. Practice good stewardship of the allocated funds.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Degree from an accredited a four-year college or university. Ordained minister, seminary education preferred. Special consideration given for college majors in Biblical Studies, Student Ministry or related majors.
• Four or more years of experience in a student ministry paid position.
• Working knowledge of a variety of digital devices and platforms to connect and engage students. Maintain and encourage appropriate social media behavior.
• Willingness to seek additional education (workshops, seminars, or conferences)
• Background in Biblical teaching/speaking preferred.
• Skilled in leadership development, administration and personal
• Maintain a growing relationship with God.
• Have a personal sense of God’s call to vocational Christian ministry and be a committed Christian who supports the beliefs, values and practices of Cool Spring Baptist Church.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume to Cool Spring Baptist Church Human Resource at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now