The High School Pastor will provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of the ministry for 9th-12th grades while working in concurrence with the overall vision, mission, and values of Double Oak Community Church.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Be the primary leader of all things High School Ministry acting as the first point of contact for students, parents, volunteers, families within your span of care.
- Lead as the primary teaching pastor for the High School Ministry.
- Create and execute effective ministry plans for events, experiences, and environments that engage/retain high school students while creating opportunities for them to live out Double Oak’s vision, mission, and values.
- Work closely with the Middle School Student Minister and others to create safe and effective events, experiences, and environments that encourage students to take a next step in their faith.
- Recruit and develop volunteer teams through casting a compelling vision, discipling, and creating a healthy volunteer culture.
- Cast a compelling why, how, and what to High School Ministry volunteer leaders that engage them in pursuing and achieving ministry goals.
- Model and practice spiritual growth, practices, and disciplines with purposeful intention to give away the same to the students and volunteers you lead.
- Inform and direct to intentional activities that foster adolescent pathways to spiritual growth: serving, baptism classes, small groups, next-step classes, classes for their parents, etc.
- Create and manage all High School Ministry content posted on social media.
- Intentionally invest in relationship building with high school students, coaches, and small group leaders through contact work. Train and equip your volunteer leaders to do the same.