Castine Church in Arcanum, Ohio sees its mission as growing godly men, women, marriages, and children to reach the world. They are looking for a Family Pastor to join them in this mission. The Family Pastor will develop parents to disciple their children in Castine’s 5 values: (1) To conform to the Bible; (2) To recognize God’s presence; (3) To cultivate their spiritual gifts; (4) To serve inside and outside the church; (5) To experience authentic community. The primary focus is to equip, educate, and empower families, children, and marriages to know and follow Jesus and influence others for Him.
What you’ll be doing:
- Casting vision to grow strong marriages and for parents to disciple their children
- Planning and assisting in the execution of special events, camps, trips, and Vacation Bible School
- Developing children’s facilities to ensure fun and memorable experiences
- Overseeing small group activities
- Preaching occasionally on Sunday mornings
What you need to have:
- A vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A deep passion for the discipleship of children and their parents and marriages
- The ability to cast a strong vision for family ministry
- Good interpersonal skills
- A passion to reach a rural community with the gospel
Castine, Ohio is a quaint, conservative community that sits closely between many rural towns in Darke County including the county seat, Greenville. Darke County is covered with farmland and open spaces, lots of breathing room, and friendly, small-town charm. Larger cities within an hour include Dayton, Richmond, and Troy. Within 2 hours, you can reach Cincinnati, Columbus, and Indianapolis. The area is generally identified as a good place for generations to take root for the long haul.