Bethany Presbyterian Church is located in the heart of Mercer County, surrounded by beautiful parks, hills, and lakes. It is also just 10 minutes from the Grove City Outlet Mall. There are three colleges in the area, which include Grove City College, Thiel College, and Westminster College. We are excited about where God is taking our church. We are a small but growing church in a growing denomination which is the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. We are looking for a spiritual leader who is ready to bring fun, vision, organization, and creativity to our church as the Director/Pastor of Student Ministries. This position is full-time with competitive pay and housing provided. We are looking for someone who is excited about starting a youth program from the ground up. Learn more about us online bethany-presbyterian.org.
- Disciple students into the life of the broader church and into a heart of service within the church.
- Design, model, teach, and partake in evangelism efforts to reach the Mercer community in coordination with the Senior Pastor.
- Develop retreats, camps, outreach events, and mission trips for students.
- Design, model, teach, and partake in evangelism efforts to reach students in the Mercer community who are between 6th grade and 12th grade.
- Be present in the Mercer Schools.
- Develop a strategy for teaching and discipling students so they can grow in their understanding and application of the Biblical teachings.
- Create student ministry programs that incorporate both large and small group teaching.
- Utilize social media to promote, advertise and organize activities while always being aware of the appropriateness of the communication and in coordination with media coordinator.
We are looking for an awesome leader who:
- Has a strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Is reformed in their theology
- Has the ability to recruit, train, and lead teams effectively
- Has experience sharing their testimony, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Has excellent interpersonal skills - a very good listener with a keen sense of discernment
- Is teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
- Is a self-starter and team player—innovative, creative, and highly motivated
- Has the ability to think, act, and plan strategically
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills and is computer proficient
- Has a college degree in related fields is preferred; Youth Ministry, theology, etc
- Has a desire to go to seminary and be ordained is a huge bonus but not a requirement
If interested in this position and meet the above requirements please email your cover letter and resume to Pastor Bob White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Status: Full-Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - $40,000