The Assistant Director of Youth Ministry is a part of the Youth Ministry team, which exists to disciple students through the cultivation of meaningful relationships, practical Biblical teaching, intentional service, and spaces of worship. Our ideal candidate will be highly relational, administratively gifted, and have a deep love and reverence for Jesus Christ!
- Able to affirm the Wellspring Faith Essentials
- Be a mature disciple of Jesus, with the ability to care for yourself spiritually
- Have a deep love for and desire to disciple middle and high school students
- Initiate new ideas and learn quickly
- Advocate for the student ministry within all areas of church life
- Communicate openly, suggest new ideas, able to receive and act on feedback
- Ability to see the “big picture” while managing details
- Meet regularly with the Youth Pastor
- Attend “all staff” events
- Participate in staff prayer
- Weekly attendance and involvement in Sunday worship at Wellspring
- Participate in church wide events when requested
- Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry team and the Parent Discipleship Pastor
- Participate in a discipleship Group for continued growth in personal discipleship and community
- Pursue relationships with students by spending time with students outside of church
- Actively develop relationships with students through student programming, attending student events, and meeting in one-on-one and small group settings
- Collaborate with the Youth Pastor in creating vision and strategy for the students and families to enter into active discipleship both in church and at home
- Create an environment where youth can encounter God, develop as disciples and are given chances to integrate faith into their daily lives
- Build systems and structures within student programming that promote trust, safety, and consistency for parents and visitors
- Recruit volunteers, and establish a rhythm of leadership and spiritual development with volunteers to execute vision and strategies with excellence.
- Create, prepare, and teach on a regular basis in different youth spaces (Sunday School, Small Groups, Discipleship Cohorts)
- Actively participate with the Youth Pastor and Parent Discipleship Pastor to equip parents to disciple their students.
- Lead students in the process of taking ownership in their own faith and spiritual formation.
- Lead the planning and execution of student specific activities and events
- Assist in the planning and execution of camps, retreats, and missions trips
- Cultivate a passion for worship and engagement in the larger church by integrating students into regular Sunday service
- Regularly communicate with and engage parents, youth and volunteers through the use of social media, email and effective communications.
- Develop and implement strategies to reach the youth of Englewood.
- Keep accurate records and reports of all spending and financial activity as it pertains to the student programing and events
- Actively participate in all-staff roles on Sunday mornings, specifically communion and prayer.
Job Status: Full-Time
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000