One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
This week's posts from the ym360 Blog
Posts From Other Awesome People
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Brian Berry, “How To Preach Better Sermons”—Brian does a great job of summarizing some tips from well-known preachers. Good stuff.
- Chris Brooks, “5 Myths To Avoid At Your Next Large-Group Gathering”—Man, this is a great post. Great insight by a guy who knows large groups as well as anyone.
- Chris Wesley, “Your Ministry Doesn't Need You”—Oh man, I loved this post. I think it hits right in the core of what many of us struggle with. But, Chris is right on. Convicting and challenging.
- Doug Fields, “Help Families Win–Give Them Dates…Early!”—Simple but powerful advice from Doug. Worth a read.
- Jim Candy, “Missional Communities Will Reshape Youth Ministry: Part II”—Maybe my fav post of the week. It made me really think. Loved it.
- John Moores, “5 things you can count on if you choose Incarnational Ministry”—John's post is a little deeper than most we collect in this spot, but I thought it was right on. Good thoughts.
- Josh Evans, “7 Ways To Connect With Your Small Group Students”—Super practical and thoughtful tips from Josh. Well written.
- Josh Griffin, “The Future of the Church is … Your Youth Ministry”—Love Josh's take here. You've probably seen this theme of youth ministry posts. Josh has an angle that's worth a read.
- Nick Farr, “The Skinny on Students in Adult Worship”—Such a good post from Nick. Another one that made me think. Solid stuff.
- Ron Edmonson, “7 Impractical Leadership Principles and Why I Use Them”—I absolutely loved this post. Each one of these suggestions is super solid. Don't miss it.
- Terrace Crawford, “A Different Approach to Recruiting Volunteers”—I thought this was a clever take on a need all youth ministries have. Short and fun. Worth the read.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.