One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- "How Maintaining Boundaries Could Save Your Ministry," by Joshua Gill
- "Why It's OK (And Sometimes Important) To Disagree," by Andy Blanks
- "Youth Worker BOOST: Heartfelt Words," by Richard Parker
- "An Awesome FREEBIE From Our Friends At LeaderTreks," kind of by Andy Blanks but mostly by the legendary Dan Colwin from LeaderTreks.
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
Facilitating Growth In Your Life, by Rachel Blom “Everything that's planted is supposed to grow.” This phrase drives a really great post from Rachel over at Youth Leaders Academy. I like that it offers solid and practical advice for making sure we're growing spiritually. Good stuff.
The Rest Of The Best:
- Ben Kerns—“How have kids changed in 30 years?”
- Benjer McVeigh—“Video of the Week: Andy Stanley on Christian vs. Disciple”
- Chris Wesley—“Are You Reactive Or Proactive?”
- Doug Franklin—“Relationship Grows Leadership”
- Jeremy Smith—“Unhealthy Leaders In Unhealthy Ministries”
- Kara Powell—“How to build trust with others in your church”
- Kurt Johnston and Josh Griffin—“Youth Ministry FAQ Volume 5”
- Lars Rood—“Wednesday: Thoughts for dads “Random Prayer time in the Park”
- Matt Reynolds—“Helping The Wallower Bloom"
- Andy Blanks—“The 7 Best Practices for Teaching Teenagers the Bible” (Shameless plug alert! This is a Q and A we did for the fine folks at Youth Worker Journal.)
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.