One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of all the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Youth Worker BOOST: Chosen
- New From ym360! “The 7 Best Practices For Teaching Teenagers The Bible”
- A Word About Relevance In Your Youth Ministry
- The 5 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started In Youth Ministry
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
- Chris Jones, “Influence of Parental Involvement on Middle School Performance”—Chris passes along this really solid article. Read it and consider passing it to your students' parents.
- Chris Lema, "Sticky Teaching"—Chris created this super-cool, really useful info graphic. It's on looking at how the brain works and how we can teach for greater understanding considering what we know about the brain.
- Chris Wesley, “Why Your Vision Is Incomplete”—Strong post from Chris, as usual. Some awesome takeaways here. Practical stuff.
- Nick Farr, “Be The Youth Group God Created You To Be”—Solid post here. Great tips from Nick.
- Matt McGill, “Help Your Students Reflect Every Weekend.”—Cool idea Matt's talking about. Plus, the questions he passes along are some you could use with your students today.
- Pam Gibbs, “Middle School, Justin Beiber & Jesus”—This is a funny and honest take on the challenges of leading middle school girls. (But it def holds up for boys, as well!)
- Scott Rubin, “He Said 'Thanks for Listening To Me”—Wow. This is a great story and a great analogy. Nice take by Scott.
- Tim Milburn, “Five Ways We Choose To Control Criticism”—This post from Tim is not youth ministry centric, but, it's solid advice anyone can put to work. Good stuff.
- Walt Mueller, “Jesus Stole My Daddy . . . ”—If you're in youth ministry and you have kids, take a second to read this. I did, and it made me think. Great and transparent story from Walt.
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.