One of the things we are committed to at ym360 is Networking. Our vision for networking is connecting you to people and organizations doing awesome youth ministry.
Flashback Friday is a feature where we give you the run down of some of the awesome posts from the past week in the youth ministry blogosphere. Consider it our way of keeping you connected with what is going on.
- Youth Ministry Essentials: Celebrating Routine by Jerry Varner
- Cleaning Supplies and Youth Ministry (Huh?) by Andy Blanks
- Youth Worker BOOST: Total Access by Richard Parker
- What Youth Pastors And Algebra I Teachers Have In Common by Ben Kerns
We search the Internet to bring you relevant information to help you be a better youth worker. Here are some links from posts we thought were pretty great.
Fav Read Of The Week:
“The 5 Favorite Blogs of Kolby Milton”by Kolby Milton
- This actually a series of four posts some of the awesome guys over at youthmin.org did. Start with Kolby's, but look in the bottom in “Related Articles” to find three other similar posts by Ben Read, Austin Walker, and Ben Kerns. They list some really great blogs. (Ben was especially gracious toward yours truly!) Youthmin.org has quickly become one of my favorite sites on the web. I'd recommend it as regular reading if it's not already.
The Rest Of The Best:
- Ben Kerns--"The 7 Best Practices For Teaching Teenagers The Bible"
- Brandon Baker—“Free Youth Ministry Text Plan”
- Chris Wesley—“How To Combat Self Doubt”
- Danny Bowers—“Jr High Ministry”
- Doug Fields—“Does Ministry Effectiveness Ultimately End Up Being About The Numbers?
- Jonathan McKee and David Smith—“More Trouble With Texting”
- Mark Oestreicher—“Young Teens and Exploration”
- Mike Breen—“What You Need To Know Before Recruiting Young People To Your Leadership Team”
- Paul Sheneman—“The Tension of Love in Youth Ministry”
That's all the links for this week. As always, have an awesome weekend . . . And THANK YOU for the chance to serve you as part of the ym360 community.